Storms can be unpredictable, but that doesn’t mean you can’t take steps to ensure your business is prepared. Here are some tips from us at Maple Mountain Insurance Services to help you prepare your Mapleton, UT area business for a storm:
- Have an emergency plan in place. Ensure all employees know what to do in case of a storm, including where they need to go and who they should report to. Have evacuation plans and emergency contact numbers available in case the storm gets too severe, and you need help quickly.
- Back up important data and documents. In a power outage or flooding, backup copies of important information will save you time and money if things go wrong. Make sure to store these in an off-site location for extra protection.
- Make sure insurance is up-to-date before the season starts. Take the time now to review your policies regarding storms so that if something does happen, you won’t have any surprises when filing a claim with your insurance company later on.
- Secure all outdoor items – from garbage cans to patio furniture – before the storm rolls in, as wind gusts can pick them up and cause damage elsewhere nearby or, even worse, injure someone if not adequately secured beforehand.
- Stock up on supplies such as flashlights, batteries, non-perishable food items, bottled water, etc., so that everyone has enough during an extended period without power or access to stores due to flooding or other damage caused by the storm.
Following these steps before the next storm arrives, you can rest assured that your business will be better protected. For more tips, call us at Maple Mountain Insurance Services today. We serve the Mapleton, UT area.